Introducing: What I wore in 2024

I am back.    Where was I?   Everywhere!  

Much like everyone else in the world the pandemic thru me for a loop.     It takes time, head space and inspiration to come back to the things you love doing.     This blog has been with me since 2007, I think.     I very much enjoyed writing and thinking of new things to write about it.    So here I am ready to start writing again.   

My past writings have been about cancer, friendships, trips, my fashion school journey and many other things.    Today, I am making a commitment to write about fashion, namely my daily outfits.   I was inspired to do so by Aja Barber, author of the book "Consumed".     I have not read it yet, but it is on my list.   She posted on Threads that she "got serious about tracking my outfits" in 2023.    I have been posting my outfits on Instagram @fashion.desafio but it has not been a daily thing.       So now I am going to do that here!   My new series will be called "What I wore in 2024".  I will start with my two most recent outfits: New Years Eve and my first day back at work after the holidays January 2, 2024


12/31/23 New Year's Eve 

I went out with three friends for New Year's Eve!   We had a lovely time at View Boston.  
I wore a black blazer, a green sequined skirt from H & M, Kors bejeweled sock sneakers and a black fascinator I made myself.     My friend Kathleen gifted the ladies in attendance cute diamond costume jewelry necklaces, and I gifted the ladies and the gentleman present sample size perfumes.  I will also list what scents I wear as I wear perfume most every day.   Pictured below:  Kay Ali's Eden, Mango Skin by Vilhelm and Electric Cherry by Tom Ford.   Kinda of a fruit salad of perfume!  I smelled amazing!     We had a fantastic time and we looked very stylish!   What did you wear on New Year's Eve?




1/2/24 First day back at work after vacation.  

The first day back at work after vacation always feels like the first day of school for me!   So that means NEW CLOTHES!!!     The only new item is the skirt!      

I scroll IG way more than I want to, I have an incessant need to see all the fashion, and all my favorite fashionistas!    One of those is the @thenotoriouskia.  She is a fashion stylist who is doing the most with the least and she is a KICKfluencer, stylist and Sustainability advocate (from her insta bio). 

Her aesthetic aligns with where my aesthetic is now.   In the years, prior to the pandemic I was wearing shoes and heels less and leaning towards comfort.     Then the pandemic hits and I am wearing slippers and sneakers for 18 months.....fast forward...I know have a collection of about 20 sneakers...I haven't counted...but I will.    I mean I wear them with everything and IDGAF!!!   Comfort and style is where I am at and where I will be for the foreseeable future.    

Now the reason I mentioned Kia above is because she inspired this look.    She is in the blue and I am in red.  

I am wearing a red plaid skirt (from Amazon), a Basquiat T-shirt, black blazer, McQueen handbag, black belt with chain, Air Jordan's 1 Low SE.  Perfume: Bouquet Ideale by Xerjoff  (it is a dreamy amber, woody fragrance.

I felt comfy, stylish and cool in this outfit and this skirt will be in the rotation cuz I love this look.  

On the days that I stay in pjs I won't post.  So, if you see a date is missing...don't come at me, I am chillaxing watching tv with some tea and my dog in my pajamas!  

What did you wear to work after the holidays?

Please share thoughts on this new project and tell me outfits that you would like to see me in.  I have a decent sized wardrobe and I love a fashion challenge.    That is what Fashion Desafio means.  Check out my insta and stay fashionable!

E!

Comments

Popular Posts