What I Wore in 2024: 1.14.24 Embrace's Sneaker Affair & Evening Wear

 

What I Wore in 2024: 1.14.24

Embrace's Sneaker Affair  & Evening Wear

I attended the MLK Embrace Honors: Friend and Family Sneaker Affair. They invited us to “celebrate in true Embrace Boston style. Swap your heels and dress shoes for your favorite kicks and pair them with your elegant attire.”  I certainly did that!  Anyone who knows me knows that I am in my sneaker era!  I have eschewed heels 99%!  That 1% remains in case I have an invitation to go to a very, very fancy gala!  But even them, I might wear my kicks!     Hee hee!  I had a wonderful time at this event celebrating all the honorees, dancing, and seeing all of my friends decked out in gowns, suits, dresses and sneakers!   I was in heaven!    I forgot to take a picture of my outfit..but here is a still from the 360 camera they had at the event.

 A note on H & M:   I used to shop a lot at H & M.  I stopped in 2019 because because they are fast fashion.  The items I have are sturdy and will last me a while.  

The other sneakers in the pic belong to my friend!   She is wearing: the LeBron XX x Mimi Plange, 'Ceremony' sneaker.  Check them out at the link.   

What sneakers are byou wearing lately?

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT. YOU CAN DO SO ANONYMOUSLY WITHOUT CREATING AN ACCOUNT ADD YOUR FIRST NAME SO I KNOW WHO COMMENTED.

Top

Vintage Oleg Cassini Sequined top (Thrifted)

I also cut off the long sleeves.  It looked very dated with them.

Skirt

H & M, Pleated Black Skirt

Sneakers

Nike, Air Jordan 1 Low SE

Black and white

Perfume

Montale, Oud Pashmina

 

Comments

Popular Posts