The Colondar Weekend















Have you ever been in a room full of strangers and feel like you just met all the brothers and sisters you didn’t know you had? Well that is exactly what happened to me? On June 4 – June 7, I was in Albany, New York at the beautiful Lake George. I was feeling very tired and emotionally spent so I need the rest and relaxation. My purpose in being at Lake George was because I was selected to be a Colondar Model for the 2010 Colondar. Yes COLONdar….it is a calendar of people that have colon cancer. Everyone knows I loved to be photographed….so this was a perfect event for me. I am very proud to be a part of this calendar and a member of this very elite group of cancer survivors.

The 2010 Colondar Models are: Evelyn, Trish, Shawn, Lori, Joe, Jill, Heidi, Eric, Dom, David, Candace, Andrew!
What a great group of people!! We are all in constant contact now and trying to figure out ways to see each other again. I am way behind on the one million emails that have gone back and forth between us...…but every once in a while I log in and I catch up. The chemistry with the entire group was amazing! Our days in Lake George were too short, but we have created friendships that will last a life time.

If you want a more detailed recount of the Colondar Weekend check out Shawn's Blog:
allittakesisguts.blogspot.com

Keep your eyes on www.colondar.com!
The 2010 Colondar will be released in September of 2009!

Enjoy the pics of my new siblings

Comments

Popular Posts