The Thrill is Gone.




Have you ever had a dress for such a long time that you don't recall where you bought it? Well I have one such dress. It is a very cute black velvet floor length dress with 6 roses across the top. Here I am wearing it for the last time. I attended the Comite Cultural Borinqueño de Massachusetts Gala on June 8, 2007 wearing this gorgeous dress. Of course no one else had on a dress like mine so I felt very unique in it. No one even had a similar dress. Granted I felt like the belle of the ball...but something was missing......I have worn this dress probably about 10 times. The thrill is gone. I still look fabulous in this dress though! I have just worn the hell out of the dress. It tour of duty in Evelyn's closet is over. It's number is retired. Do you get it? I am so done with this dress. So I plan on passing the torch (dress) to another deserving female who will hopefully wear this dress to death too! Joanne take it over and enjoy.

Comments

Hi Evelyn,

Love the idea of recycling a good dress that has gone to too many parties and perhaps photographed many times over. It is also great to know it will have a new life with someone else - just like the "traveling pants." Can't wait to hear what's in store for this dress with the new owner...

- Digna
Blah Blah Blah said…
Ihold on to my favorite dresses... only because I HOPE I'll be able to fit into them again one day...lol
TahjiMumford said…
I have a dress like that, it was ankle length and metallic brown, bias cut with alot of beautiful beadwork around the neckline...
I wore it to death :-)

Popular Posts