The Big C



Is there a cure for cancer? The answer is probably NO! If you Google the question you will find many sites claiming to have a cure. I live my life based on the assumption that there is no cure.

Why am I talking about cancer?

ONE: Because I have it. I was diagnosed with Stage 3C Colon Cancer in November of 2004. Stage 3C is one stage away from being really, really bad. My cancer is just really bad.

TWO: Because an old friend of mine just found out I have it and called to express sympathy.


The conversation was what made me starting thinking about this. He asked me two questions. Are you cured and is your cancer terminal?

Am I cured? No, Sherlock, the cure will probably not be found in my lifetime. If there was cure for it…it would be friggin FRONT PAGE NEWS!

Is my cancer terminal? Lets see….the definition of terminal is “leading to untimely death”, the definition of untimely is “at an inopportune time”. Hmm…when I was asked the question “Is my cancer terminal?” I quickly answered “No, not me…I FEEL GREAT!” Upon further reflection, my cancer IS terminal! It will probably be the cause of my death. I don’t know when that will happen…but most likely it will be at an inopportune time. But guess what, life is terminal! Everyone’s life will end at an inopportune moment! Right? Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are terminally alive. LOL. Yes, people I have a sense of humor! I laugh at cancer! Ha!

I AM TOO BUSY LIVING TO WORRY ABOUT DEATH!!!. REALLY, ANYONE THAT KNOWS ME, KNOWS THAT MY CALENDAR IS BOOKED INTO THE NEXT MONTH. WHEN DEATH COMES I KNOW THAT I WILL HAVE LIVED A FULL LIFE WITH NO REGRETS. I’VE ACCEPTED THE FACT THAT I KNOW WHAT WILL PROBABLY KILL ME. I AM FIGHTING THE BATTLE AND I AM DOING PRETTY GOOD. DEATH IS INEVITABLE. I AM NOT AFRAID. ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END.

IN THE MEANTIME….YOU WILL SEE ME OUT THERE HAVING FUN, DANCING UP A STORM, LOUNGING AROUND ON THE BEACH, SHOPPING LIKE CRAZY FOR SHOES AND DRINKING FINE WINE AND JUST PLAIN LIVING!!!!!!

I HAVE CANCER, CANCER DOES NOT HAVE ME.

For info on cancer: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/CRI_2_3x.asp?dt=72
For info on cancer: http://www.cancer.org/

Comments

Hi Evelyn,

I amire your outlook on life! We should all live by those rules. What is admirable about you is that you have not chaged - you have always enjoyed a full social life and has continued to be the fun-loving person that we all know. We all should live like it had purpose ...

Thanks for your words!

Digna
DeeDee Halleck said…
You are brave and a terrific producer. I love the message to Osvaldo. Someone forwarded me the url and I have sent it out to many people.

Where did you learn to do video so good? Lots of people do youTube, but they don't get the same results! I like the way you direct people to speak directly to the camera-- and I like the way you frame them. Did you work with video for a long time? Did you work at any of the Boston public access channels? Dee Dee Halleck www.deepdishwavesofchange.blogspot.com
Eve! said…
sorry it took so long to reply. I hosted a television show for a couple years and all the camera work on that video was done by the Executive Producer of that show. Track us down on youtube Boston Latino Tv. Thanks for your comment.

Popular Posts