Update, Commitment & Pain


Hey...it has been a really long time since I have blogged...you know what they say...the girls with lives don't have time to blog/write in their diaries. The past couple of months have been a roller coaster. I had my 4th surgery on June 18, 2008. This time the organ of nuisance was my right lung. I had a nodule/thing/bean/seed in the lower lobe of my right lung and suddenly it started to grow and that usually means something is up, and not in a good way. If something is growing in you...they have to get it out ASAP. I tried to postpone the surgery so I can spend the summer chillin...but NO...this thing had to grow and get in the way of all of my fun plans. In any case, the whole right lower lobe of my right lung was removed. LUNG SURGERY IS FUCKING PAINFUL. Percoset became my best friend. To the point that one of my friends moved my bottle of percs and I could not find it and I almost had a heart attack. Luckily I found the bottle and promptly popped two of the babies. Fortunately, the docs say that got all the cancer (yeah right!) and my recovery has been swift and uneventful. Only one trip to the ER and nothing was up. Now I am just home recovering and resting. Surgery takes a lot out of you, so I lay in bed alot and sleep and nap and doze and get forty winks. LOL. The pain has subsided and I look like the fabulous HOT Mama that I am. I am feeling good and up to my old tricks. I certainly hope that this is the last time cancer rears it's ugly head. Message to cancer: Frankly, my dear you have overstayed your welcome, no one invited you to this party and none of my friends and family like you. Can't you take a hint? Go Away!! Now.

And now onto other things that are on my mind....Commitment. Not the type of commitment you are thinking about...I am talking about tatoos...and that is where pain comes in.....I really like the idea of a tattoo...but I fear that I might not be able to commit to one forever....many of my friends have them and the tats look hot. Yet, when I think about getting one....argh.....I won't be able to get rid of it with a swipe of acetone! I think I would get bored with a tattoo after about a week. Which is the same amount of time I get tired of looking at the same nail polish. Currently I would like to get a patch of stars on my right ankle (like the ones Rihanna has down her back in the pic above). It took me about 10 years to get to the point of even deciding what I would get as a tattoo and where. Now that I know...all I really have to do is get to the shop and have them do it. Now the pain part....I have had enough physical pain to know that I don't want to experience any more of it. So my only solution is to find myself some more stick on tattoos and just enjoy being tattooed temporarily. That works for now. See yas!

DOH! I almost forgot. I already have 5 tatoos. I got them for my radiation treatment. Medical tatoos. Do those count? :)

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT. YOU CAN DO SO ANONYMOUSLY WITHOUT CREATING AN ACCOUNT.

Comments

Hi Evelyn,

A tattoo? Have you seen your Boston Latino contract? No tattoos ;-) Sorry about the pain. Hopefully "C" never makes a return and you sure are back to your loverly self.

-- Digna
Marta said…
Hi! Los tatuajes son bonitos if they mean something. El de la foto se ve bien. If you want to get one, go ahead! Espero que estes bien y que eso nunca te regrese. Eres una chica muy fuerte y muy optimista. I saw your show the other day and I think is awesome! I also saw some clips en YouTube.
Anonymous said…
Having Tattoos are not so bad! I have one. Momentary pain and great conversation pieces, NOT that I think you will have any trouble with that Eve!

When you're ready to go permanent, give me a call, I need to have mine refresh!

Yes, C was never invited and need to leave for good!

Popular Posts