The Challenges of Dating Me!


Have you seen me lately? Take a look! I'm hot !!! I'm not bragging or exaggerating, I've been known to stop men in their tracks - just ask a recent gentleman who basically tripped over himself to get to me and bask in the light of my dazzling smile!

The poor schmuck, probably thought he was dating an average girl. Unfortunately, for him, he could not handle this pretty package. I was to much for him. You see, I'm far beyond average. I know, we are all special in our own way, but dating me, has it's challenges.

THIS presents a problem for some men. I am a very busy woman, I work, I have hobbies, I socialize, I volunteer, I travel, I hang out, I shop, I spend time with my family and friends. BASICALLY, I have a life!!!

Of course I have room for a special man in my life….and I would like that man to understand that I am not going to be at his beck and call 24/7. I will do the girlfriend things with my man, yeah! It may take some by surprise that I'm not clingy and needy! I don’t need a man upon which to build my social life around and I am not sitting at home on a Friday night waiting for him to call me and ask me out. Life is too short to sit by the phone. I am an independent woman! All the ladies who are independent..…throw ya hands up in the air! – Destiny’s Child

So you ask……..what is my point? My point is that some single men out there need to grow up and out. Women have evolved…why are men are stuck in the stone age. Cook your own meals, iron your own shirts and while you are at it…iron mine too.

The man that has the courage to date me, must leave his emotional baggage at home - I'm a new jack lady and don't fit in any mold, in fact I broke the mold. If your last girl was acting suspicious don’t blame me! I had nothing to do with that so I should not be subjected to hot light interrogations based on what your last girlfriend did to you?

Dating me is a challenge. Mr. Right will have to be a strong, secure, confident, mature man. He will have to be able to deal with the fact that I have many friends…some of which are men…..he must trust in me that these men are platonic friends. I am a one man woman. Can you handle that? Are you ready for the challenge?

10 Reasons why it's a challenge to date me
1. I have a large cirlce of freinds
2. I am extremely social
3. I love spending time with my family
4. I won't wait for you to ask me out
5. I am not needy or clingy
6. I am not the typical girl
7. I am outspoken. Okay yes....Opinionated!
8. I am not a wall flower
9. I don't take any shit from men
10. I love me first.

This is the fairy tale that should have been read to us when we were little:
By Anonymous

Once upon a time in a land far away, a beautiful, independent, self-assured princess
happened upon a frog as she sat contemplating ecological issues on the shores of an unpolluted pond in a verdant meadow near her castle.

The frog hopped into the princess' lap and said: ' Elegant Lady, I was once a handsome prince, until an evil witch cast a spell upon me. One kiss from you, however, and I will turn back into the dapper, young prince that I am and then, my sweet, we can marry
and set up housekeeping in your castle with my mother, where you can prepare my meals, clean my clothes, bear my children, and forever feel grateful and happy doing so.

That night, as the princess dined sumptuously on lightly sauteed frog legs seasoned in a white wine and onion cream sauce, she chuckled and thought to herself:

I don't fucking think so.

The End.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amen, Sista! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR on the froggie...
James sends his love & mega SMOOCHES!!! He's very secure... being my best friend has its challenges - stop laughing.. and we both wish you & your family a wonderful Thanksgiving! DW XOXOXO
Bride-In-Need said…
What a diva! Love it!
Marta said…
Love it!
I identify with you a little.
I know you are not worry, but don't worry, you will meet that guy soon, it's just that it takes time, but you will meet him. I have met mine and I am kind of selective...
Happy Holidays!
Anonymous said…
Eve my friend - He's out there looking for you and I know you'll find him and he'll find you....don't give up (and most of all, don't give in)....

Have a really great Christmas!
Hope to see you soon!
Tracy R
Rinda Payne said…
Once again, Eve proves that the pen is mightier than the sword.
TahjiMumford said…
Hilarious!
You go girl!
Mouf.Peace said…
love it, especially the picture! haha. i just hate how when a female is single, something has to be "wrong with her," yet when a man is single he's a bachelor. don't get me wrong. its not that i rather be single, i just rather be single than in an unhappy relationship. glad u understand that as well :)

Popular Posts