Essay 4: Nope, I am not faculty.

"Nope, I Am Not Faculty: The Chronicles of a 40-something Year Old College Fashionista"


So today is day number (9.7.17). It started out great! I met my student advisor JV, and she is wonderful. Patient and very interested in my success. This is very important to the development of a student. She listened to my stories and was able to distill key things that will be valuable to me in a career in fashion! After that I headed to the bookstore again. I had to buy some materials for yesterday's class (Design Tools for Textile Design). I bought some Oaktag, a portfolio, a gold Massart folder and a Raspberry MassArt binder. The binder was not required for the course, but I love things you can put things in. Like pockets. I love pockets. Yes, I had Trapper Keeper back in the day. If you don't know what a Trapper Keeper is....take your young ass to Google and figure that ish out! LOL....so the nerd in me needs pockets on everything...event pockets on pockets! so there's that.

Today I was asked again if I am Faculty! I swear I am going to be like "Yes, I am!" one day, and I am gonna demand a hall pass from a student. LOL........Can I go to jail for impersonating faculty? Maybe this is an omen! .....food for thought.

The next big ticket item I need is a book that cost $197.00 new and 147.75 used. However, my JV told me that I can get it on Amazon for a better price. Amazon points come thru pls!

Tonites class is Intro to Pattern Drafting - Study an overview of pattern drafting and an introduction to construction. Explore the different methods to pattern making from using the dart for fit to adding shape for fullness. Taking body measurements for fit will be taught. Pattern drafting and construction techniques will be applied to an original design.

I am sure I will enjoy this class since fit is so important to me in the clothes I wear, makes sense to know now to take measurements and all the other things I will learn in this class.

So I write all of this from my new favorite spot, The Cafeteria! The place is busy with people laughing and talking and eating and just hanging out. The vibe is energetic!

Now I gotta be shady for a minute: These tables are always dusty! Today I wiped the crumbs off the table I am sitting at! next week I am bringing my own Clorox wipes. I am not trying to catch E coli up in here!

PS: these are not really essays but using the word essay makes me feel like it's homework and I have to do it. Tune in next Wednesday and Thursday for more of my college shenanigans and observations and shadiness.

College Chica, Evelyn

Comments

Popular Posts