Essay 3: The First Day of School

"Nope, I Am Not Faculty: The Chronicles of a 40-something Year Old College Fashionista"


Today is my first day of school (9.6.17) and I am already kicking ass. Found metered parking a short walk from school, paid for my school parking and will park over there starting at 5pm. Then I went to Public Safety to get another copy of my school ID cuz I forgot it at home! Grrr...I had everything, my backpack, my lunch, my notebook, my pen, a cookie, some tea, my first day of school outfit..but I totally blanked on the ID....fortunately I am now besties with the public safety office and I was able to get a new ID without any issues. However, If I lose it I have to pay 25 bucks to get a new one!

I have already made a friend at school. Her name is Julie and she is the Admin Assistant in the Public Safety Office...she is also my classmate. We will both be taking the same classes! So she and I will walk to the parking lot together after school or we will call security (all her coworkers) to come pick us up and drive us there! Now I am sitting in the Caf on the Mass Art Wifi eating my blue apron lunch.

I am so feeling the vibe around here. So many unicorn hair colored people......I might just have to die my hair purple or green to blend in! Cuz I totally look like Faculty right now! LOL.....the parking office thought I was faculty! I may have to use that to my advantage one day though. Age has it perks

After I eat I am heading over to the Mass Art bookstore to shoplift................... .....I am dead serious though. LOL...JK.

Why are all these kids wearing shorts?

Today's class is Digital Tools for Textile Designs. I am really excited about this class.

Digital Tools for Textile Design Computer-aided design is a powerful message and heavily used in fashion and interior design. The design process will be covered from inspiration to presentation using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Covering many of the techniques used in industry to develop and market textile designs such as developing repeats, creating colorways, incorporating scanned artwork into designs, and texture mapping. Students will use these techniques to create a collection of coordinating prints including repeats and tonals.


College Chica, Evelyn

Comments

Popular Posts