New York is my Lovah!









I had a wonderful weekend in NYC! I finally had the opportunity to read my Epistle at the Hispanic Heritage Month celebration at the Newark Library. Yes, I was in Newark! Get over it! LOL This opportunity was granted to me by the fabulicious Linda Nieves Powell of Latino Flavored Inc.).

I had a delicious dinner with 007 @ Mamajuane Café. Spent some time with my auntie who just loves having “La Nena” around. Yes, she calls me La Nena! She is too cute!

Got my hair done by some serious Dominican stylists in the Heights ! The hottest blow dry in town is by Dominicans! My hair looks fierce. I also had some Dominican style rotisserie chicken at “El Malecon” on 175th street! OMG…the chicken is the bomb!

Sunday was photo shoot day! My long time friend Judie is now a photographer and I of course asked her why she had not photographed me! So we planned my photo shoot…my theme was “New York is Lover combined with a ‘That Girl/Mary Tyler Moore’ angle with a little bit of ‘Superstar’ the movie thrown in!” Keep track of Judie's blog for the picture of me with a tree! LOL!! We capped our photo shoot shoot with some kick ass new York pizza and a Black and White shake from Shake Shack. OMG…not healthy…but tasty!

All in all New York is a lover that always satifies and always leaves me wanting more and is always willing to give me more! I love you New York!

Ode to an Apple
by ER 6/5/10

Ode to an apple.

Everytime I see you the attraction is undeniable
You dazzle me with all you have to offer and you court me with your excitment.
I float on air with every familiar embrace and your kiss keeps me coming back for more. Your uniqueness compares to no other and I think about you while I am with you. You are hot, exciting and every single time! How do you do what you do me?
New York I heart you.


Links:
www.latinoflavored.com
www.mamajuana-cafe.com
judieannphotography.blogspot.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_Girl
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Tyler_Moore
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstar_(film)
http://www.shakeshacknyc.com/

Comments

Popular Posts