Seasons (a poem about the cancer patient's emotions)


Seasons
2.2.08

by me

spring

the new, little hairs on my head
resemble the fresh blades of grass at
the start of a new spring
my hips and breast fill out
like a when a girl becomes a woman
I even get my period back

I feel spring in me


summer

long, sunny, carefree days with no worries
the hot sand under my feet
as I stroll along in my red string bikini
with my scar blazing in the sun
my confidence is shining like a sunray

cancer defeated

fall

as softly as the leaves fall from the trees
peace is upon me
my smile is easy
and my love is hitting everyone like a laser beam

cancer retreated

winter

short, dark, cold days
slipping and sliding in the snow
unsure where to step next
looking for something or someone to hold onto
so I don’t fall
my steps are slow and deliberate
and made with much thought and trepidation

will it come back? cancer.

Watch me read it too!!


PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT. YOU CAN DO SO ANONYMOUSLY WITHOUT CREATING AN ACCOUNT.

Comments

Anonymous said…
made me cry - very touching
Anonymous said…
Hey Chemo Sista - you said it so perfectly!!!
Anonymous said…
Evil, That is D-E-E-P....wow... (gasp. Your imagery is beautiful. Your words flow and open a window to your bravery and fear. What character...! I am honestly moved. Would it be OK to ask for a penned and signed original? I would be honored. Your bro',
Steve
Bride-In-Need said…
Love you mama! You're a courageous and brilliant woman. You've been on my mind a lot lately! Much love!

Popular Posts