Mother & Daughter Vacation - 2007



I recently went on vacation with my mom to Bayahibe, Dominican Republic. We spent 5 relaxing days at an all inclusive resort. This is the first time my mom and have taken a vacation together. The only other time we spent so much time together…has been when I was recovering from surgery.

I was worried that we were going to fight or annoy each other or that my insane vacation mode would tire her out. Turns out we had an nice time…..of course I was at her beck and call…fetching her drinks and snacks when we lounged by the pool. I was also the navigator thru the huge resort….so you know it was my fault every time we got lost…and we got lost several time. LOL!!

I had a great time with Mami on vacation…I was happy to see her smiling at me all the time....…I think she was really just marveling at how I am feeling so great now. The cancer has not raised its ugly head lately and my treatment is almost done! Woo hoo…4 more weeks. I look great and I feel great. My hair looks great too. If chemo has a perk, it’s that it makes my hair less curly! So...my hair looks awesome! LOL…not that I recommend getting chemo to make your hair straight..but I gotta look on the bright side.

Something that made me very happy was to see my mom proudly clap for me during my 3 karaoke performances at the resort! She laughed, clapped, hooted and hollered like I was the best singer. Then when the resort Pep Rally team was having a scavenger hunt and I needed shoes…my mom was the first person I went to….and she had her sandals ready for me!

My mom is the bomb! She can cook up a storm and will tell you off in a minute if you piss her off. She has nursed me back to health 3 times in the past 3 years and still manages to get in my shit if I get outta line with her. I love her so much……don’t know what I would do without her. I think we have started a new tradition……every year I am going to go on vacation with my Mom and I am going to be at her beck and call and get her Brandy on the rocks drinks. She of all people deserves it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You and your moms look great! I am so glad your had time that was enjoyable and deserving. Both of you have been through alot. Make me wish that I had spent more time with my mom instead of apart - you definitely live your motto to the fullest. We can learn from you not to put off what we can do today for tomorrows. - Babs
Anonymous said…
Eve - looks like a lot of fun... I love you & miss you! DW
Awwwe, that is great mama! I am so happy that you're doing so much better and that you have your mom there every step of the way.

Muah!
Awwwe, that is great mama! I am so happy that you're doing so much better and that you have your mom there every step of the way.

Muah

Popular Posts