Essay 1: Transitions & Action

Today is the day I officially join the ‪#‎52essays2017‬‬ challenge created by Vanessa Martir.
My age is 45 and I have reached the point in my life where I want to do something else with my career and my life. You see I have been an executive assistant for 25 years and I am done with it! It is a great job but it no longer fulfills me or feeds my creativity.


I have thought about indulging my love of fashion and modeling and turning that into a career! I would totally be an assistant in the fashion world, except Boston has not jobs for that, that I can find. I am also considering going back to school and getting a degree in Fashion. I have a tour set up at a school later this month and I am looking forward to that.


A career change at 45 is daunting. I am financially secure where I am but I am bored out of my mind. I have seen other people make career transitions and they are fine…however, I feel it is easier for wealthy people to make a transition like this because they have tons of money. I have thought about taking part time employment so that I can pursue my other interests but the pay is weak! And they want you to work 30 hours!!! How I that part time…that should be called almost full time.

I want change, I need change, I thrive on change, I like change, I crave change. So this deep rooted restlessness that I feel now is part of my reasons for taking on this challenge. 2017 will be my year of writing and taking action!


Here it goes!


Comments

Popular Posts