Love Makes a Difference


Love Makes a Difference

Every year my friends and I vocalize our goals for the New Year. These goals are usually in the Work, Family, Fun, Self Improvement and Love departments. One of my goals for 2011 was to find romantic love.

I set about doing that by being myself and doing the things I enjoy like spending time with friends, family, going on trips, dinners, shopping, going to parties for dear friends and a host of many other things. Basically I spent 2011 living life…HARD…and boy did I enjoy it!!! I threw caution to the wind and did things for the pure sake of enjoyment…even if I was by myself! Sometimes you just have to do those things you want to do without waiting for someone else to join you. Yes, it’s a bit selfish! We women can sometimes get so caught up in our nurturing sides that we forget who is #1! We are! I always try to focus on me, because if I am happy and healthy then that puts me in a better position to take care of the ones I love.

But I digress! Let’s get back to love and how it makes a difference. While I was out having fun and partying like a rock star….love found me! WHAT? Stop the presses! I was surprised! I was shocked! I was in disbelief! This could not be happening to me! It was too soon! I was in denial! I spent all of 2011 being open to love and when it happened….I was cautious. I know, I know what you are thinking……”Wow…what an overuse of exclamation points!”. Ha! An exclamation point is the only punctuation that expresses how I feel right now. Love found me when I was unaware and completely open to it. I always knew that love is wonderful and great and moves mountains…but now it was moving my heart. Love makes the difference in your life and makes you a better person. You see the world with different eyes. You know that you have a partner that will face all of life’s challenges, triumphs and setbacks with you. The power of two is a mighty force to be reckoned with. It’s cliché to say…but love conquers all…….and what it conquers is that feeling of yearning for your other half. Love makes a difference……..so in 2012 I want you all to give love a try…be it romantic love or self-love or platonic love…….it makes a difference in you and everyone around you can feel it. Love. Get it. Spread it. Enjoy it.

One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is Love. – Sophocles



Comments

Popular Posts