My Heart Has Six Pack Abs!

WIZARD: As for you, my galvanized friend, you want a heart! You don't know how lucky you are not to have one. Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable. I could have been a world figure, a power among men, a - a successful wizard, had I not been obstructed by a heart.

TIN MAN: But I still want one.

“The Wizard of Oz” is one of my favorite movies. Every single time I watch it, I am touched by a different theme in it. The particular line that touched me recently was this one below:


Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable, and the tin man replies “But I still want one.”

I had been pondering what to write about as my first blog entry of 2010 and as you can see by the date of this post…it has taken me till now to figure out what to write about. Now reader, I don’t want you to think that I am broken down or unable to function or looking for sympathy..that is not the case nor the purpose of my blog…the purpose of my blog is for me to write down those sudden spurts of brilliance I have and share them with you.


What causes heartbreak?

Is it a cancer diagnosis? Yes.
Is it the death of your beloved mother? (RIP Mami) Yes.
Is it the realization that some people are just not what you think they are? Yes.
Is it the death of your fellow Colondar model? (RIP Shawn Felty) Yes.
Is it a world disaster? Yes.
Is it the death of your pet fish? (RIP Orlando)

Don’t laugh…I was very sad when my fish died!

My heart has six pack abs! You ask, “What does that mean?” It means that 2009 was a major work out for my heart. Many things happened in my life last year that would basically send someone to the looney bin or to the bottom of a bottle of fine vodka! Yet I am here and my heart is broken but it is still working.

It is all these things and the many more things that happen to you in your lifetime that cause your heart to work. Just when you think that your heart cannot break into anymore pieces, OMG it can! I learned that the hard way last year.

I am here! Stronger than last year, with a sharper ability identify who are the sincere people in my life and who is just full of BS. When I look at my life as a whole I still feel blessed. My heart is not unbreakable but it is self healing and I still want one.

Having a heart is what makes one able to feel all the emotions that take you from blissful happiness to extreme sadness and then back to blissful happiness. A heart is what allows you to forgive people that have in any way shape or form, hurt you. A heart allows you to feel happy when you hear a good song or the voice of a loved one. A heart allows you to start over again and rebuild your world!

If we didn’t have a heart we really would not be human. We would just be walking empty shells! Give your heart a work out today!

Comments

Rosa said…
Wow!!! Very nice blog!!! It really does suck that our hearts have to go through so many heartbreaks!! You would think that we would learn from our mistakes!!! But eventually we do!!! I really liked this blog,made me teary eyed!! Nice job!!!
Anonymous said…
Love this blog. My heart has four pack abs but I'm working on that six pack! It will just take a little longer for faith, strength and resiliency to completely kick in. But one thing I've made a firm commitment about with my heart being broken so many times; I have no more patience for BSers in my life and have since drop them like yesterday's news! My life is palpitating at a calm pace which means that I'm able to basically live a drama-free life. Although, I can't dogde the unexpected hiccups in my life - I'm content, for now, and being "present" in one's life is most important. So yes, I can relate to this blog entirely! Thanks Eve! - Babs

Popular Posts